Saint John's Episcopal Church
Saint John's Episcopal Church
302 Green Street
Fayetteville, NC 28301
(910) 483-7405
Website
Not on itinerary

Features

Hours: Daily, before dusk. Exterior view or by appointment only.

Saint John's, Fayetteville's first Episcopal Church, was formally organized on April 7, 1817. The original church building was completed in 1819, but was destroyed by the Great Fire of 1831. The rector at the time traveled North to seek aid to rebuild the church and returned with $7,600, a bell (later given to the confederate cause) from St. Paul's Episcopal Church in Troy, New York.




Map