Taylor-Utley House
Taylor-Utley House
916 Hay Street
Fayetteville, NC 28301
(800) 255-8217
Not on itinerary

Features

The Taylor Utley House stands on property originally owned by Captain James Andrew Jackson Bradford, former commander of the U.S. Arsenal located in Fayetteville. In 1847, William Taylor, a local merchant, purchased three-and-a half acres from Bradford and built his family's home there. Eleven years later, Joseph Utley purchased the house and a lot adjacent to it form Taylor for $3,000. This home typifies the vernacular Greek Revival-styling prevalent in home built in Fayetteville before the Civil War.


Map