Join Our Team!
Join our team of professionals who are passionate about Fayetteville and Cumberland County, and are dedicated to providing excellent service to clients/visitors. Our current openings are listed below.
Click on the "v" to expand the box to see job descriptions.
If interested send resume and cover letter to Kelly Brill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Some evening and weekend work required. Some Travel Required.
NATURE OF WORK:
Performs responsible, professional, and supervisory work in the Fayetteville Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (FACVB) by marketing and promoting Fayetteville and Cumberland County as a destination for meetings and conventions with emphasis on City/County-wide events. Considerable judgment and initiative are required in developing and implementing sales activities, performing sales presentations, and act as a liaison between groups and vendors, and preparing proposals. Must attend meeting and tradeshows to secure meetings and conventions. Work is performed with a high degree of independence and under the general supervision of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). Performance is evaluated through a review of accomplishments and the attainment of objectives.
- Utilizes direct sales calls to solicit conventions, meetings, and group business. Drafts bid specifications on a non-bias basis and distributes leads to hotel and hospitality suppliers. Mediates service acquisition for multi-property functions between customers, hotels, and hospitality suppliers.
- Prepares bid proposals, prepares and makes sales presentations for multi-property functions, coordinates sales missions to target cities and market segments. Prepares and hosts familiarization tours and site inspections for meeting planners and selected, targeted customers and clients.
- Maintains liaison role with area accommodations and respective sales staff to facilitate good working relationships.
- Follows up on leads and closes bids to produce an assigned annual quota of hotel room nights. Track leads to determine booking or lost business. Shall use the FACVB database and update area hotel and motel properties.
- Prepares a performance report for the CEO to include all components of booking business, to include leads generated, etc. as determined and needed by the CEO.
- Provides feedback for the development of the convention sales portion of the annual strategic plan and implements convention sales responsibilities to obtain goals.
- Conducts extensive account research to generate computer-scheduled appointments for designated tradeshows and coordinates Fayetteville/Cumberland County’s area participation in tradeshows. Attends meetings, conventions, and industry-related functions to promote and book Fayetteville/Cumberland County as a destination for conventions and meetings.
- Works within approved budget to achieve meeting and convention sales goals.
- Works in partnership with other FACVB team members as needed on sales promotion campaigns.
- Handles complaints and suggestions from clients quickly for promoting excellent customer relations and refers any unresolved situations to the CEO.
- Recruits, interviews, and recommends candidates for open Sales Department positions in conjunction with the Director of Sports Marketing. In partnership with the Director of Sports Marketing will direct and evaluate sales staff members, handles employee concerns, directs work assignments, counsels, disciplines, and completes employee performance evaluations for the Sales Department.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned by the CEO.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of the practices and techniques of marketing and sales promotion to include a working knowledge of contracts and bids procedure, financial and other requirements.
- Ability to work and maintain a working knowledge of the tourism industry and develop a thorough knowledge of Cumberland County’s accommodations, attractions, meeting facilities, restaurants, and related businesses.
- Ability to represent the FACVB positively and professionally. Prepares professional presentations. Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in written communications.
- Ability to implement marketing and promotion strategies designed to increase meeting and convention bookings in the greater Fayetteville and Cumberland County areas.
- Ability to establish, prepare and maintain accurate sales reports. Establish, prepare and maintain accurate convention files and records.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and complete work by following time-management methodology.
- Ability to operate within and provide a work environment that promotes clear and open communication.
- Ability to analyze problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with other employees, governmental agencies, business officials, and trade clients.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- Possess basic computer skills to include Microsoft Office software, database, and other computer programs required by the position.
- General knowledge of social media including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.
- Ability to lift, push and carry 35 lbs.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor's Degree from accredited college or university.
Five+ years of convention & meeting sales experience. Prior CVB experience in similar capacity or background in the hospitality industry and/or marketing is preferred, although not a requirement.
Experience with the necessary skills, knowledge, and abilities, as noted above.
If interested send resume and cover letter to Angie Brady at email@example.com.
Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Some evening and weekend work may be necessary.
NATURE OF WORK:
Supports the Director of Tourism Marketing (DTM) in all bureau marketing programs. Position requires independent judgment and discretion in creating concise, error-free informational materials to advance the promotion of Fayetteville/Cumberland County as a desirable destination for travel and tourism. Work is performed under the supervision of the DTM.
- Supports the DTM in efforts of developing Cumberland County as a leisure traveler-friendly destination.
- Assists DTM with various activities through Heroes Homecoming.
- Serves as a conduit between all directors regarding the client concierge program. When the FACVB has clients needing services or there is a public event the FACVB needs to be a vendor, assists with scheduling volunteers and staff. Also makes sure various collateral pieces are prepared ahead of time of event or service.
- Knowledgeable regarding social media practices. Being available to assist various departments at events and being able to post in real-time with photos and appropriate hashtags, communicated beforehand by the Director of Communications.
- Along with the DTM, represents Fayetteville/Cumberland County at I-95 Welcome Centers as well as VISITNC Call Center and during National Tourism Week.
- Maintains a well-informed, working knowledge of the accommodations, activities, attractions, and services that are available for visitors/leisure travelers in Fayetteville/ Cumberland County.
- Maintains and participates in appropriate local industry networks. Encourage and develop participation in tourism promotions and tie-ins. Educates self about the county and regional tourism products. Shares pertinent information with FACVB team and industry partners.
- Develops a listing of related tourism organizations, contacts and maintains relationships, and attends meetings as necessary. Ensuring contacts within the database is up to date and current.
- Represents the Fayetteville Area at industry functions and tourism events, as needed or requested.
- Gathers maintains and interprets industry and market research.
- Maintain professionalism and respect inside and outside of the office. Especially when representing Cumberland County.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of principles of effective communications and marketing.
- Knowledge and ability to analyze markets, marketing strategies, publicity and promotion programs, and needs as well as program results.
- Ability to learn and maintain knowledge of FACVB organizational policies and goals that apply to the area of responsibility.
- Ability to communicate and work as a team with co-workers, partners, venues, volunteers, etc. Ask questions, be present in discussions/meetings, communicate needs.
- Ability to gather, compile, compose and edit information for use in promotional purposes. High level of accuracy.
- Ability to maintain and establish reports, files, checklists, and related records.
- Ability to plan, organize and effectively present ideas and concepts to groups and to communicate effectively and professionally orally and in writing.
- Ability to assimilate information from a variety of sources, analyze information and recommend a course of action to be taken to enhance the goals and objectives.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in the performance of job duties and represent the FACVB in a positive, enthusiastic, and professional manner.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions/instructions.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate personal computers to include word processing programs, Internet programs, and protocols, and related programs and databases as well as other related software to carry out job duties and functions. Be able to operate equipment used by the position.
- Ability to use SimpleView and learn how to maneuver through the database. If necessary, use detailed descriptions in traces in the member/partner module.
- Ability to build exceptional phone rapport.
- Build a working knowledge of the tourism industry to include Cumberland County as the assets contained within.
- Ability to be self-sufficient and willing to travel.
- Ability to request training needs and implement current trends and lessons acquired.
- Ability to lift, push or carry up to 35lbs.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited college or university preferred.
- Prior CVB experience in similar capacity and background in the hospitality industry and/or marketing, preferred, although not a requirement.
- Experience with the necessary skills, knowledge, and abilities, as noted above.
Join Our Email List
Sign up for our emails to get the latest news, personalized trip ideas, and special offers that fit your interests!