Fayetteville is a city rich in military lore and tradition. As the location of Fort Bragg and Pope Army Air Field, it is the proud home of one of the largest military installations in the world. That unique asset--combined with our central location and new world-class military museum--gives Fayetteville unparalleled advantages as an ideal site for a military reunion.
Fort Bragg and Pope Army Air Field are an integral part of Fayetteville, providing a cultural diversity that is reflected in every aspect of the community. This diversity has resulted in the development of a wide range of things to see and do, including attractions and museums, theatre and fine art, dining and nightlife, golf and other outdoor recreational activities. And of course, you can arrange a variety of tours and activities on post, or visit the world-class Airborne and Special Operations Museum.
The full-service Fayetteville Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (FACVB) can assist you with every aspect of planning your reunion: bid proposals, conduct site inspections, provide media support and supply base contacts. If you have never planned a reunion before, we will get you started and walk you through each step along the way.
Why the Fayetteville area?
Experience military life today and relive military history--Fayetteville is home to one of the largest military installations in the world, Fort Bragg and Pope Army Air Field. See first-hand some of the latest advances in military technology and training in action.
Central location--Fayetteville is located directly on I-95, halfway between New York and Florida. We are close to beaches and world-renowned golf courses.
Great travel bargain--rated as one of the top 10 best deals for business travelers by Runzheimer International.
World-class military museum--the U.S. Airborne and Special Operations Museum, is the only place on earth where you can see, hear, and experience the inspiring and courageous story of the U.S. Airborne and Special Operations units.
The First Step
The Second Step: Post Contacts
Contact: Office of the Garrison Commander
XVIII Airborne Corps and Fort Bragg
Fort Bragg, NC 28307-5000
- Send a letter to the Office of the Garrison Commander requesting support at least 120 days before your reunion. Your letter should include the following: group name, dates of reunion, support desired, estimated number of attendees, and the name, address, and phone number of the Group POC.
- The Garrison Commander will notify you, by letter, whether or not support is approved for your group. Availability is based on scheduled mission and training requirements.
- If approved, a supporting unit will be tasked. The Support unit will appoint an Action Officer, who will contact the group within 30 days.
Pope Army Air Field
Contact: 43 AW/PA
Attn: Community Relations Program
259 Maynard Street
Pope Field, NC 28308
- Tour requests must be submitted in writing 30-60 days in advance to the Community Relations Program contact. Your letter should contain the name of your organization, primary and alternate reunion dates, number of attendees, support desired, and name, address, and phone number of Group POC.
- Groups should be at least 20 members, and no more than 30 members (age 12 or older). Groups must provide their own transportation. Tours are available on a first-come basis with a written request and may be canceled on short notice due to operational tempo. Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis.
- A Public Affairs Community Relations Officer will notify you whether your tour can be supported, based on mission requirements.
Additional Military Support
- Military Dining Facilities - The use of military dining facilities is dependent upon the approval and capability. The cost is the standard meal rate.
- Non-Commissioned Officer and Officer Clubs - Dining rooms may be used during normal dining hours. Groups larger than 10 should coordinate in advance. Clubs can support banquets, parties, and catering on a contract basis.
- Fort Bragg NCO Club (910) 436-4200
- Fort Bragg Officers Club (910) 907-CLUB
- Pope Club (910) 394-2154
Government buses are sometimes available to transport groups. POCs can assist you. If government buses are not available, bus services can be contracted through:
- Fort Bragg Tickets and Tours (910) 396-8687
- Pope Tickets and Tours (910) 394-4478