MENU
< Back To Previous

Confederate Women's Home

  • Glenville Avenue
  • Fayetteville, NC
  • Overview

    The Confederate Women’s Home was built in 1915 for the widows and daughters of North Carolina’s Confederate veterans, but was torn down during the 1960’s. It was located in the open empty lot beside the school and was torn down in the 1960's. About 300 yards from this marker is the Confederate Women’s Cemetery, which dates back to the 1800's. It’s marked by a brick column archway entrance next to the Gee Graveyard. Even though it is overgrown, the stones are visible. Glenville Avenue