From the church website: Eureka Baptist Church was established in March 1956. During the early months of the church's existence, the church met in a pack barn. Then a church building was erected on the corner of Eureka Avenue and Church Street. The first meeting was held in the new Educational Building on June 3, 1956.
The church was granted membership in the Little River Association association on August 19, 1956.
In April of 1959, the church was given a frame Army barracks building. All it cost to have it moved and set up on a foundation was $150 plus $120 for repairs.
In April of 1960, the church moved its association membership to the New South River Baptist Association.
Because of continued growth, the church was able to build a sanctuary in 1984 with dedication services held November 28, 1984.
A new Fellowship Hall was built and dedicated in November of 1992. On June 30, 1996, the church held a special dedication service to name the fellowship hall in memory of Hanna Rae Keefe, wife of Pastor Leon Keefe who was pastor of the church from 1980 to 1998.
The church continues to minister to the spiritual needs not only in the local neighborhood, but throughout the Fayetteville area. People attend from all directions including: Fort Bragg, Spring Lake, Hope Mills, Eastover, Spring Lake, and Linden. Even though our membership is quite diverse, we have a level of unity that is exceptional, and that unity contributes to a sweet spirit which allows for wonderful worship.