Hours: Exterior view only. Open to the public daily, before dusk.
Fair Oaks was built in 1858 and included an octagonal summerhouse, the old kitchen, servants' quarters, smokehouse, and school house. The house incorporates a Georgian plan with Greek Revival and Italianate elements. Surrounding the house is the original cast iron fence with a beautifully designed gate. During General Sherman's occupation of Fayetteville in 1865, some of the Union troops camped on the grounds of Fair Oaks. A silver tray from the house that was used for target practice by Sherman's troops still remains with the original owner's family today.