MENU
< Back To Previous

Heritage Square

  • Overview

    Hours: Daily, before dusk. Exterior view only.

    The land on which the Sanford House stands was purchased by Duncan McLeran in 1800, the house was erected shortly thereafter. Likely designed by the acclaimed architect, William Nichols of Bath, England, the Oval Ballroom was built around 1818. The Sanford House was purchased by John William Sanford, a cashier at the Fayetteville bank, in 1823. It is believed the ghost of Mrs. Sanford haunts the second floor of the home. The freestanding single room, called the Oval Ballroom is octagonal on the outside, the interior contains a splendid oval chamber. The Baker-Haigh-Nimocks house, with a circular staircase, was built around 1804. It is a fine example of a low country house, found throughout the coastal Carolinas.

  • Amenities

    Accomodations
    General
    Accomodations
    • Deposit: Yes
    • Distance to Airport: 12
    • Distance to Convention Center: 9
    • Group Capacity: 80
    • Management: The Women's Club
    • Outdoor Capacity: 1000
    • Parking: Free
    • Total Capacity: 140
    • Total Rooms: 2
    General
    • Air Conditioning:
    • Handicap Accessible:
  • Meeting Facility

    Meeting Facilities

    Facility Info
    Meeting Rooms
    • Largest Room 80
    • Total Sq. Ft. 9528
    • Banquet Capacity 80
    • Number of Rooms 2
    Sanford House
    • Total Sq. Ft.: 9000
    • Banquet Capacity: 80
    • Reception Capacity: 150
    Oval Ballroom
    • Total Sq. Ft.: 528
    • Banquet Capacity: 35
    • Reception Capacity: 40