Exterior View or By Appointment Only. Daily, Before Dusk Organized in 1758,
Old Bluff Presbyterian Church is one of oldest Presbyterian churches in Cumberland County. This church along with Long Street Presbyterian and Barbecue Presbyterian Churches provided the Scottish population of the Upper Cape Fear Valley with longtime formal congregations. The adjacent cemetery is one of the oldest in the county. Many early Scottish settlers and merchant families are buried there, including Colonel Alexander McAllister (a leading county patriot in the American Revolution), Farquhard Campbell and David Marshall (Carbine) Williams (invented the semi-automatic M1 Carbine rifle used in World War II). The present Greek Revival structure was built in 1858. This church still holds regular services.