Hours: Exterior view only. Open to the public daily, before dusk.
On March 17, 1829, Bishop John England (Bishop of Charleston) celebrated the dedication and solemn blessing of Saint Patrick Church, the first Roman Catholic Church dedicated in the State. The first building was destroyed in Fayetteville's Great Fire of 1831. The second church building, constructed near the same site as the first church on Bow Street, served the parish for more than 100 years. In 1936, Saint Patrick parishioners relocated to Arsenal Avenue (the present location of St. Michael the Archangel Maronite Catholic Church). St. Patrick Catholic Church has been at its Village Drive location since 1963.