Hours: Weekdays, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Exterior view or by appointment only.
Sandy Grove Presbyterian Church was founded and built in 1854, as a congregation off-shoot from Long Street Church. The land for this church was donated by Peter Monroe, who, along with his extended family, is buried in the adjacent cemetery.This one-story wooden church served the rural Scottish community until it was purchased by the U.S. Army in 1922. The church was modified in the early 1900s, by a vestibule and steeple addition, changing its appearance. The community/church cemetery contains 214 graves, the oldest of which dates 1759. Services are sometimes held here for descendant groups and visiting military units.