Saint John's, Fayetteville's first Episcopal Church, was formally organized on April 7, 1817. The original church building was completed in 1819, but was destroyed by the Great Fire of 1831. The rector at the time traveled North to seek aid to rebuild the church and returned with $7,600, a bell (later given to the confederate cause) from St. Paul's Episcopal Church in Troy, New York.
Hours: Daily, before dusk. Exterior view or by appointment only.
Next Stop: Continue on Green Street. Green Street becomes Ramsey Street. Make a left onto Moore Street