The Bethel A.M.E. Zion Church was founded in 1873, as a mission, known as the "Little Ark." The late Jack Murchison built a brush shelter to preach to two neighboring plantations. A few years later, a Presbyterian minister preached at Little Ark and established it as a Presbyterian church. Subsequently, a Methodist minister from Fayetteville arrived and converted them to Methodism, which later became apart of the African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church movement.
Hours: Daily, before dusk. Exterior view only.
Next Stop: From Randolph Street make a left onto Bragg Blvd. Continue on Bragg Blvd. Make a left onto Vass Road.