MENU
< Back To Previous

Taylor-Utley House

  • Overview

    The Taylor Utley House stands on property originally owned by Captain James Andrew Jackson Bradford, former commander of the U.S. Arsenal located in Fayetteville. In 1847, William Taylor, a local merchant, purchased three-and-a half acres from Bradford and built his family's home there. Eleven years later, Joseph Utley purchased the house and a lot adjacent to it form Taylor for $3,000. This home typifies the vernacular Greek Revival-styling prevalent in home built in Fayetteville before the Civil War.