< Back To Previous

Taylor-Utley House

  • Overview

    Hours: Daily, before dusk. Exterior views only.

    The Taylor Utley House stands on property originally owned by Captain James Andrew Jackson Bradford, former commander of the U.S. Arsenal located in Fayetteville. In 1847, William Taylor purchased three-and-a-half acres from Bradford and built his family's home there. This home typifies the vernacular Greek Revival-styling prevalent in homes built in Fayetteville before the Civil War.