Cumberland County, NC – In the first quarter of the 2015/16 fiscal year, the Fayetteville Area Convention & Visitors Bureau (FACVB) secured 20 future meetings, tournaments and group tours for Cumberland County in the coming months and years. These events, which represent 8,349 room nights at county hotels, will impact Cumberland County’s economy at $3,141,108.
Additionally, in the first quarter of FY 15/16, the FACVB
· Attended three trade shows where staff made 53 contacts and secured 7 leads for future business.
· Serviced 4,174 inquiries at three visitor centers, distributed 58,600 Fayetteville Area Destination Guides and fulfilled 86 group service requests.
· Promoted 680 area events in trade magazines and on media websites.
· Distributed four themed e-promos to nearly 10,000 recipients.
· Issued 7 press releases, facilitated three travel writer visits and secured 31 pieces of publicity in travel and local media.
· Introduced a new glossy guide for sports tournament recruitment.
· Coordinated and led Cumberland County representation at two Partner Days at I-95 Welcome Centers.
“Travel is serious business for Cumberland County,” says John Meroski, FACVB president and CEO. “Our organization works hard to increase the number of visitors, expenditures and, in turn, taxes collected.”
ABOUT THE FACVB
The FACVB is a private, not-for-profit organization responsible for positioning Fayetteville/Cumberland County as a destination for conventions, sporting events and individual travel. For additional information, visit www.VisitFayettevilleNC.com or call 1-888-98-HEROES.