Cumberland County, NC – In the first half of the 2015/16 fiscal year, the Fayetteville Area Convention & Visitors Bureau (FACVB) secured 38 future meetings, tournaments and group tours for Cumberland County in the coming months and years. These events, which represent 14,714 room nights at county hotels, will impact Cumberland County’s economy at just over $5 million.
Additionally, in the first half of FY 15/16, the FACV
- Attended eight trade shows where staff made 252 contacts and secured 23 leads for future business.
- Serviced 10,400 inquiries at three visitor centers, distributed 76,000 Fayetteville Area Destination Guides and fulfilled 133 group service requests.
- Secured 1692 listings for area events in trade magazines and on media websites.
- Rolled out a new ad campaign for meetings, tournaments, group and leisure travel. View the ads HERE.
- Issued 12 press releases, facilitated four travel writer visits and secured 31 pieces of publicity in travel and local media.
- Actively engaged with 5,500 followers on facebook, twitter and instagram.
- Introduced new collateral materials for marketing to sports tournament planners, including a website at www.FayettevilleNCSports.com .
“Everything begins with a visit,” says John Meroski, FACVB president and CEO. “Our organization works hard to increase the number of visitors, expenditures and, in turn, taxes collected.”
ABOUT THE FACVB
The FACVB is a private, not-for-profit organization responsible for positioning Fayetteville/Cumberland County as a destination for conventions, sporting events and individual travel. For additional information, visit www.VisitFayettevilleNC.com or call 1-888-98-HEROES.