Cumberland County, NC – The Fayetteville Area Convention & Visitors Bureau (FACVB) closed the third quarter of the 15/16 fiscal year with a tally of 69 future meetings, tournaments and group tours booked for Cumberland County in the coming months and years. These events, which represent 26,500 room nights at county hotels, will impact Cumberland County’s economy at just over $5.8 million.
- Redesigned and re-launched Cumberland County’s Cultural Heritage Trails. Find the newly designed trails here: www.FayettevilleNcTrails.com
- Attended 17 trade shows where staff secured 29 leads for future business for Cumberland County.
- Handled 12,100 inquiries at three visitor centers, distributed 93,000 Fayetteville Area Visitor Guides and fulfilled 217 group service requests.
- Secured 2,457 listings for area events in trade magazines and on media websites.
- Issued 17 press releases, managed seven travel writer visits and secured 60 pieces of publicity in travel and local media.
- Facilitated four familiarization tours that brought attraction staff to visit hotels and hotel staff to visit attractions to encourage cross-promotion of tourism amenities.
“Everything begins with a visit,” says John Meroski, FACVB president and CEO. “Our organization works hard to increase the number of visitors, expenditures and, in turn, taxes collected.”
ABOUT THE FACVB
The FACVB is a private, not-for-profit organization responsible for positioning Cumberland County as a destination for conventions, sporting events and individual travel. For additional information, visit www.VisitFayettevilleNC.com or call 1-888-98-HEROES.