Cumberland County, NC -- In FY 2014/15, the Fayetteville Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (FACVB) secured 131 meetings, sports tournaments, reunions and group visits for future business in Cumberland County. These bookings represent nearly 20,000 room nights at area hotels and a direct economic impact of $4.9 million.
Additionally, in FY 14/15, the FACVB distributed 26 press releases and welcomed 15 writers and bloggers to experience Cumberland County’s tourism amenities. FACVB public relations efforts resulted in 132 pieces of positive publicity for Fayetteville and Cumberland County.
Other FY 14/15 results:
- Serviced 16,500 inquiries at three visitor centers
- Attended 15 tradeshows to secure leads for future business
- Secured 1,577 event listings on travel websites and in print publications
- Sent 15 e-promotions to over 97,000 recipients
- Distributed 55,000 Fayetteville Area Destination Guides
- Launched a new visitor information kiosk program
- Refined data collection at hotels, attractions and the CVB, leading to a comprehensive visitor profile
The FY 14/15 visitor profile showed:
- Following NC (30.78%), the top three states our visitors hail from are FL (3.89%), NY (3.22%) and VA (2.40%)
- Top three reasons for visiting are vacation (22.82%), visiting friends and family (22.03%) and business with the military (16.20%)
- Visitors’ top three interests are museums (18.51%), historical sites (14.94%) and military sites (12.11%)
- Overall visitors ranked their experience visiting Cumberland County at 4.80 out of 5.
ABOUT THE FACVB
The FACVB is a private, not-for-profit organization responsible for positioning Fayetteville/Cumberland County as a destination for conventions, sporting events and individual travel. For additional information, visit www.VisitFayettevilleNC.com or call 1-888-98-HEROES. Cumberland County is America's first military sanctuary.