Cumberland County, NC - In the first half of fiscal year 2018/19, the Fayetteville Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (FACVB) secured 22 meetings, sports tournaments, reunions and group visits for future business in Cumberland County. These bookings represent more than 18,087 room nights at area hotels and a direct economic impact of just over $5 million. The indirect, rollover impact on our economy is $12.5 million.
Other mid-year results:
- Developed two new designs for our email programming. The “Hometown Huddle” is sent to sports planners quarterly while the monthly newsletter “America’s Hometown Happenings” is sent to our 65K database of leisure travelers monthly.
- Welcomed 6 writers and influencers to develop stories about the area as a travel destination. Their stories contributed to a total of 78 pieces of publicity in the same time period.
- Secured several awards, including:
- WRAL’s Voter’s Choice Awards, Top Blogger – Jenny Bell / Go Fayetteville
- NC Travel Industry Assoc., Gold Marketing Excellence Award – Spring Lake Visitors Guide
- NC Travel Industry Assoc., Gold Marketing Excellence Award – Local Bloggers Network
- Convention South, Reader’s Choice Award – Top Meeting Site/Location
- Managed and coordinated Heroes Homecoming VI, a Cumberland County initiative to recognize the 100th anniversary of Veterans Day by honoring all veterans. Twenty organizations produced 18 special events during Heroes Homecoming VI.
- Generated 86 leads for future meeting, tournament and group business; completed 8 sales blitzes to key regions and conducted 6 client presentations.
- Distributed 12,609 Visitor Guides and answered 2,910 visitor inquiries at two local visitor centers.
- Produced 15 blogs on GoFayetteville.com, offering a locals’ view on things to see and do throughout Cumberland County.
“Everything begins with a visit,” says John Meroski, FACVB President and CEO. “Our organization works hard to increase the number of visitors, expenditures and, in turn, taxes collected.”
ABOUT THE FACVB
The FACVB is a private, not-for-profit organization responsible for positioning Cumberland County as a destination for conventions, sporting events and individual travel. For additional information, visit www.VisitFayettevilleNC.com or call 1-888-98-HEROES.