Fayetteville, NC – Football player turned movie and television star Fred “The Hammer” Williamson is the latest addition to the line-up of special guests to appear at Fayetteville Comic Con (FCC). After playing professional football in the 1960’s, Williamson went on to star in dozens of movies, including “Starsky and Hutch,” “From Dusk ‘til Dawn” and “Original Gangstas.”
"We are really excited that The Hammer is flying to Fayetteville to be with us." said show organizer Michael Chaudhuri. "He is a very busy movie producer and actor that we've been trying to get for months, and we expect him to be very busy meeting fans."
Other special guests for the two-day FCC include
- Veronica Taylor- Voice of Pokemon’s Ash Ketchum and Sailor Moon
- Sam Jones- Star of Flash Gordon
- Scott Tepperman - Ghost Hunters International
- Steve Cardenas – One of the Original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
- Walking Dead Reunion Part Two - Walking Dead alumni will be signing autographs and sitting on two separate panels.
- Arthur Suydam – Cover artist/penciller, famous for Marvel Zombies, Deadpool and The Walking Dead
- Michael Golden – Penciled Marvel’s long-running comics ‘Nam and Micronauts, created Rogue and drew some of The Hulk's best covers
Due to the overwhelming popularity of the inaugural FCC, planners expanded the 2016 con into a two-day special event that fills the entire Crown Expo Center. “We were blown away by the response to FCC 2015,” says Chaudhuri. “We’re back for a full weekend with a great new slogan - If It’s Geek, We Got it!”
FCC runs from 10 am – 7 pm on Saturday, October 15 and 10 am – 6 pm on Sunday, October 16 at the Crown Expo Center. Tickets in advance are $15 per day or $25 for a weekend pass. Active duty military receive a $2 discount on all advance ticket purchases. .Children 10 and under are admitted free with a paying adult. Tickets can be purchased in person without fees at the Crown Center Box Office, Fort Bragg Leisure Center, Dragons Lair on Yadkin Road, Cardz-N-things on Ireland Drive and Gamer’s Guide in Spring Lake.
For more information on Fayetteville Comic Con, call the convention organizers at 910-316-7251 or go to www.fayettevillecomiccon.com.
Need a hotel room? Looking for a great place to have dinner after the show? www.VisitFayettevilleNC.com has information on hotels, restaurants and more.
About the Fayetteville Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (FACVB)
The FACVB is a private, not-for-profit organization responsible for positioning Cumberland County as a destination for conventions, sporting events and individual travel. For additional information, visit www.VisitFayettevilleNC.com or call 1-888-98-HEROES. Fayetteville/Cumberland County is the America's first military sanctuary.