Cumberland County, NC - In FY 2016/17, the Fayetteville Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (FACVB) secured 92 meetings, sports tournaments, reunions and group visits for future business in Cumberland County. These bookings represent more than 21,500 room nights at area hotels and a direct economic impact of $7.3 million. The indirect, rollover impact on our economy is $18.3 million.
Additionally, the FACVB relaunched GoFayetteville.com as a community blog promoting Cumberland County’s tourism amenities. After 1 year, the blog sees an average of 1500 visitors per month. In the third quarter we launched a blog Facebook page (@GoFayettevilleBlog) which attained a high level of engagement and secured consistent growth of the blog.
Other FY 16/17 results:
- Saw over 211,500 unique visitors to VisitFayettevilleNC.com.
- Secured 2,700 listings for Cumberland County events in local, regional and travel trade websites and print publications.
- Handled 14,916 visitor inquiries at three visitor centers.
- Published a Spring Lake Visitor Guide
- Coordinated Heroes Homecoming IV, which focused on honoring WWII veterans. Four county municipalities participated in the county-wide celebration.
- Issued 33 press releases, hosted 14 travel writers and generated 75 out-of-market pieces of publicity for Cumberland County tourism amenities.
- Produced new materials to promote Cumberland County as a destination for group tours.
ABOUT THE FACVB
The FACVB is a private, not-for-profit organization responsible for positioning Cumberland County as a destination for conventions, sporting events and individual travel. For additional information, visit www.VisitFayettevilleNC.com or call 1-888-98-HEROES.