Cumberland County, NC - In FY 2017/18, the Fayetteville Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (FACVB) secured 103 meetings, sports tournaments, reunions and group visits for future business in Cumberland County. These bookings represent more than 24,735 room nights at area hotels and a direct economic impact of $7.5 million. The indirect, rollover impact on our economy is $18.8 million.
In the same time period, the FACVB launched a new, user and mobile friendly website at www.VisitFayettevilleNC.com, produced a combination Visitor/ Trail Guide and packaged the county’s breweries into the “Hometown Hops” program.
Other FY 2017/18 results:
- Produced 44 blogs on GoFayetteville.com, offering a locals’ view on things to see and do throughout Cumberland County. Readership of GoFayetteville grew by 87% from the previous fiscal year.
- Generated 165 leads for future business, completed 16 sales blitzes to key regions and attended 18 trade shows.
- Processed 9,894 visitor inquiries at two local visitor centers.
- Coordinated Heroes Homecoming V, which focused on honoring Vietnam veterans. Learn more: HeroesHomecoming.com
- Issued 24 press releases, hosted 24 travel writers and influencers and generated 86 out-of-market pieces of publicity for Cumberland County tourism amenities.
ABOUT THE FACVB
The FACVB is a private, not-for-profit organization responsible for positioning Cumberland County as a destination for conventions, sporting events and individual travel. For additional information, visit www.VisitFayettevilleNC.com or call 1-888-98-HEROES.